Odissi is a classical dance form originated the temple of Lord Jagannath, Puri, Odisha, India. This dance form is one of the most beautiful dance forms of the current time. It’s unique costume, temple postures, melodious music and variety of foot movments stand out with any other form of dance.
If you have not seen an odissi performance, you are missing out on something very special.
Odissi dance not only a delight to watch but also gives immense pleasure just learning it. It is hard, it is challenging but it is wonderful just to learn and move with the music and dancing to the rhythm. It has changed people’s life and it gives an inner bliss and happiness that one is looking for.
- Odissi classes at iGurukul are well explained, well organized and friendly.
- Students learn the authentic dance form as our great Guru’s have passed them to us..
- Students also learn Yoga techniques of breathing, stretching and mindfulness.
- The classes are structured and follow Indian University syllabus such as ABGMV. They get the opportunity to appear for fomal exams and get certified from Indian universities.
- Students also get to showcase their talent at various cultural shows and get motivated to continue and work harder.
- We focus on individual growth and team spirit, A robust culture for learning, accomplishment, and growth to become a complete dancer.
iGurukul team determined to take this dance form to the next generation with it’s pure and authentic form.
Join Odissi TODAY and experience the divine.